We used several methods to collect intelligence from people who live, work or care for someone in Middlesbrough to ensure a good overview was collected. We wanted to capture what was important to the public in making their town more dementia friendly.
We did this via:
- A general survey which was conducted over the period of December 2014 to April 2015
- A Survey Monkey questionnaire which was distributed via our Website, Facebook and Twitter.
In addition targeted focus groups were held with the following community groups:
- Life Store Middlesbrough Dementia Support Group
- Sanctuary Supported Living Dementia Pub Lunches
- Sanctuary Supported Living Dementia Adviser Service
The main feedback points were:
- Lack of understanding about dementia from the general public
- Lack of understanding about dementia from shop workers and those working on public transport
- Uneven flooring
- Lack of seating and clear signs in shops
You can download our report on making Middlesbrough more dementia friendly, as well as responses we received from South Tees Clinical Commissioning Group and Public Health Middlesbrough.
If you need this report in a different format, please get in touch: