Fill out the online nomination form here. Alternatively, PDF and Microsoft Word options are below.
We want to take this opportunity to shine a light on all of the incredible work achieved across South Tees health and care sectors, and celebrate the dedication and commitment of staff, volunteers and services throughout the last few difficult months.
We hope the STAR Award also offers the opportunity to share good practice across South Tees.
Nominations are open NOW, so if you know somebody who has gone the extra mile, let us know.
Who can be nominated?
The STAR Award aims to recognise any member of the local community who has helped to make a difference in someone’s health and social care. Anyone across the South Tees locality can be nominated.
An individual, team, department, organisation or service etc can be nominated whether they are a professional, volunteer, patient or member of the public.
We want to be flexible in our approach to nominations but focussed on recognising those who have made a real difference to someone’s wellbeing and have gone above and beyond expectations to have a positive impact.
Anyone can submit a nomination, based on their own experience, or someone they know.
Closing date for entries is 5pm on Sunday 7 March 2021.
The categories for the 2021 STAR Awards are:
- Care & Compassion
- Community Innovator
- Excellence in Supporting Others
- Leading the Way for Change
- Making a Difference (Volunteer)
- Valued Service
If you would like to download the nomination form as a Word document, you can do so below. Please return the form to us by emailing it to:
Terms and Conditions
Photos of the nominee do not have to be provided with the nomination form immediately but must be submitted or sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Friday 19 March 2021.
How will the winners of the awards be decided?:
- Nominations will be discussed by the Judging Panel, based on the judging criteria week commencing Monday 15 March 2021. The decision made by the Judging Panel will remain final.
Nominations will be judged on:
- Above & beyond: How, and to what extent, has the nominee gone above and beyond in their role within the health and social care service they provide?
- How they have helped: What has the nominee done to help those they support? How is it relevant? How was it identified? Is it a one-off or is it offered to everyone who requires it? Has it become integral to the service / support?
- Difference made: What difference has been made to those who are receiving a service or support? Is it to an individual or a group?
- Impact: What is the impact on those receiving support? How does it differ from the regular service or support they would receive?
Who will be on the Healthwatch STAR Awards Panel?:
- The Judging Panel consisting of the HWST Project Lead and two of our selected Board members.
When will the winners be announced?
- All nominees and nominators be informed of the panels decision week commencing Monday 22 March 2021.
- As we can’t hold a presentation event, we will be announcing the winners and runners up via our social media platforms with a special STAR Awards Week between Monday 5 April – Sunday 11 April 2021.
- A special edition STAR Awards e-bulletin will be produced and shared on our social media platforms and website from Monday 12 April 2021. This will include details of all of our nominees, winners and runners up.
Important nomination information:
- Please read our guidelines and complete the nomination form with as much relevant information as you can.
- Please include contact details; we may need to contact you for further information.
- Please forward a photo of the individual for our social media channels.
- Please return your applications by 5pm on Sunday 7 March 2021.
- All nominations and correspondence will be confidential.
- The decision made by the Judging Panel is final.
- The STAR Award winners will also feature in our 2021 Annual Report.
If you would like to receive regular updates, please click here.